Monday, December 19, 2016

Our Duties as Pet Foster Family


pet foster family

Living in California, I found myself, rescuing and fostering homeless dogs.  The homeless dog population was (is) such a problem there that I found myself fostering a total of about 80 dogs and 15 cats through my stay in California.

I have experienced, witnessed and heard of amazing stories both good and bad. But nothing brings me joy than helping out and making a difference in these dogs and cats' lives.


If you're wondering what a pet Foster Home is, it's a temporary home where the homeless pet can stay until they are healthy enough and or there's room available for them at the SPCA Adoption Center.

Foster families provide the shelter or space and in most cases the SPCA provides the Foster Family with medical care, pet supplies, food, toys, beds, etc.

The pet can stay in your home anywhere between 4-6 weeks or until medically and behaviorally capable to be adopted.

To learn more, please visit the SPCA page regarding the Foster Care Network.
http://spcawake.org/get-involved/foster-care-network/
dog treats made in the USA

No comments:

Post a Comment